The Thule 835XTR Hull-a-Port Rooftop Kayak Carrier is the right kayak carrying solution for paddlers whose concerns in a carrier are split between efficient use of space on their roof rack and ease of use. Designed around two J-profile Hull-a-Port carrier assemblies, each attached to a roof rack load bar and containing four adjustable touchpoints of padding, the 835XTR allows kayaks of all shapes and sizes to safely lean on their sides, with the cockpit facing out. This vertical stowage position is safe, aerodynamic and secure in transport and poses no danger of warping to boats when they are stowed correctly. Vertical stowage and transport also efficiently uses the precious space atop your roof rack, allowing for up to four 835XTR Hull-a-Port Rooftop Kayak Carriers to be used at once on certain vehicles, or leaving room for other roof rack accessories to share space with the 835XTR. The Thule 835XTR Hull-a-Port Rooftop Kayak Carrier is also easy to load and unload by 1-2 people. Mounted close to the side of a vehicle, once drained, kayaks are easily lifted and held in place by the padded J-profile Hull-a-Port design.
The Thule 835XTR Hull-a-Port Rooftop Kayak Carrier features completely tool-free installation. Its two J-profile cradles can be mounted quickly and securely using only a combination of bolts and mounting knobs on virtually any roof rack, including all Thule base racks, round cross bars and factory installed roof racks with cross bars. It also includes two straps to secure each end of kayaks to J-profile Hull-a-Port assemblies and your roof rack, as well as bow and stern ¼-inch rope tiedowns with hooks, and ratcheting attachments to further secure mounted kayaks at the front and rear via your bumper, tow hook or trailer hitch by way of your kayak's grab handles.
- Steel design with adjustable padding for carrying strength and kayak protection
- Wide mouth J-profile offers easier loading and unloading
- Quick on/off hardware ensures fast installation and removal
- Optimally sized J-profile carrier leaves roof space for other Thule accessories
- AllSurface rust-resistant coating and hardware for longer product life
- Carries 1 kayak and requires 1 person to load and unload
- 1 to 4 carriers per vehicle
- Includes all straps to transport 1 kayak
- Accommodates kayaks up to 34-inch wide and 75 lbs.
- Fits Thule rack systems, round bars and most factory racks
- Carry Type - Vertical
- Load Capacity Water Craft - 1 kayak
- Factory Rack Mounting - Yes
- Fits Aero Profile - Yes
- Fits square bar - Yes
- Lockable - No
- One Key System Compatible - No
What's in the Box
Thule 835XTR Hull-a-Port Rooftop Kayak Carrier, all necessary hardware, straps, buckle bumper, rope, ratcheting hooks and mounting knobs, instructional guide and warranty information.